Fivebase provides native IOS, Android and PWA app design
Business owners looking to have an app designed will be confronted with several options and as many questions. Fivebase provides our clients with the consultation and information they need to know prior to committing to app project. In some cases, a "native" App is not the solution for a business need that may better be served via a mobile website. In many cases, mobile websites or progressive web apps (PWA) may be better for your needs if:
- Your proposed App does not need to access any / or many native functions. You will be amazed what browser based apps can do today. Visit Can I Use to see what mobile broswers can do.
- Your proposed App needs to work on many operatinig systems (e.g., Android, Apple / IOS, Windows, etc)
- Your proposed App needs to work on many devices (e.g., smart phones, iPods, iPads and other tablets)
- You either are not looking to charge for an app or want easier distribution
- You need to keep your costs lower through code resuse.
If requirements do dictate a "native" app, businesses may want to consider a hybrid solution. The core benefit of this approach is it allows for code reuse among devices and operataing systems, and often provides a quicker time to market. Below are two examples of apps that used this approach. They both required a native wrapper so they could integrate with Aila's peripheral scanning hardware which includes a locked kiosk and an iPod scanning case. Both integrate with myAvatar and are used for scanning patient wrist bands for easy patient identification and clinical documentation:
Group Tracking / Checkin
That being said, Fivebase will provide you with the information you need prior to making that decision. Simply contact us and we will be happy to answer your questions. Assuming you want a true "native" app, we are here to help you navigate the design process including what to expect from design, to testing and to final distribution. Recognize there are several options for distribution as well and that IOS distribution is often trickier than Android. As an example, not all apps need to be distributed through the App Store or Google Play. Apps designed to meet a particular business need, like the two above, can be distributed internally and more quickly.
- Fivebase Develops Patient Scanning Apps
- Fivebase Develops MAT Check in Kiosk
- Fivebase Develops Foothold Awards Chart Viewer
- Fivebase Announces New Integration with Gateway Foundation and CaredFor
- Fivebase develops referrals system for Monterey County Behavioral Health
- Fivebase Rolls Out V2 of Open Enrollment System in Allegiant Care
- Scriptlink Services Deployed at Renfrew
- Fivebase deploys Colorado Crisis Data Warehouse
- Gateway Foundation partners with Fivebase for Salesforce.com Interface
- Fivebase EHR Mobile Web App Live at RCA